Quality is among Zleep Hotels’ core values, and this of course also applies to our safety concerning guests, customers and employees – not just at the hotels, but also concerning the protection of their personal data. The following policy outlines how Zleep Hotels handles your personal data.
- Data controller
- How does Zleep collect personal data?
- What information does Zleep collect?
- Online purchase with credit card
- What is the purpose of collecting personal data?
- The legal basis for processing
- Your rights
- Withdrawal of consent
- If you apply for a job at Zleep Hotels
- Storage security
1. Data controller
Zleep Hotels is a hotel brand and a hotel operator, which handles all personal data in accordance with existing laws. Zleep Hotels provides a range of services, which each has its own particular terms and conditions. If you order one of our services, we need to process personal information that includes your contact information and payment card information, read more below point 3.
2. How does Zleep collect personal data?
Personal data is collected during several circumstances:
- When buying or requesting the use of one of Zleep Hotels’ services
- From persons acting on your behalf
- When requesting a quote on a service
- When requesting a corporate agreement
- Via browser cookies (see more in item 11)
- When signing up for Zleep Hotels’ newsletter
- From social media, advertising and analysis providers as well as public registers
- Via TV surveillance*
*TV surveillance is situated in the joint facilities of the hotels. Generally, these are found by the hotel’s entrance and in employee areas, such as the reception and the bar. Surveillance is installed to create a sense of security for our employees and our guests.
3. What information does Zleep collect?
Zleep Hotels collects, among other things, the following personal data:
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address and birthday
- Credit card information (see more in item 4)
- Demographic information
- Purchase history
- Feedback through customer surveys
- Feedback through social media and other digital platforms
- Browser information
- Information about your company and relevant contact persons
In some cases, Zleep Hotels is supplied with further information from third-parties, such as employers, business partners, and group managers. It is the third-party’s responsibility to inform the involved guest of Zleep Hotels’ terms.
4. Online purchase with credit card
In addition to completing bookings, the supplied information will only be used if and when you contact us with questions or if an error has occurred in relation to your booking.
5. What is the purpose of collecting personal data?
Zleep Hotels only gathers personal data that is necessary to complete the purpose of the concerned serviced. It is thus the individual service that determines the personal data, which is being collected and for what purpose. The purpose can be one or more of the following:
- Processing of your booking
- Contact with you before/during/after your stay
- Development of services
- Customization of communication and marketing
- Analysis of user behavior
- Compliance with legal requirements
6. The legal basis for processing
Zleep Hotels processes your personal data as it is necessary to comply with a contract. This could be in relation to a hotel stayover, a group booking, or a corporate agreement. Zleep Hotels also processes your personal data to complete certain actions upon request.
Processing may also occur for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Zleep Hotels, e.g. statistics, customer surveys, interest-based marketing, and analysis of general customer behavior with the purpose of developing Zleep Hotels’ services. However, Zleep Hotels will only process your contact information for use in direct marketing (newsletters, etc.) if you have approved and accepted to receive news from us on our website. You can always choose to unsubscribe.
Zleep Hotels is also legally obliged to process your personal data. The law prescribes certain personal data that must be registered upon registration at check in.
7. Your rights
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to obtain access to a copy of your personal data that Zleep Hotels processes. Access may be limited to protect other people’s private lives, trade secrets, and intellectual property rights.
- You have the right to update the personal data that Zleep Hotels has registered about you.
- You have the right to delete the personal data that Zleep Hotels has stored about you. If you want your personal data deleted, all information that Zleep Hotels is not required to save will be removed.
- You have the right to receive your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. The right to object only applies in certain circumstances.
8. Withdrawal of consent
If we have requested consent to process personal information about you – for example for marketing purposes – you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Processing of your personal data is based on your consent, and you have the right to withdraw your consent. This means that the processing will be discontinued unless Zleep Hotels is legally obliged to process said personal data in accordance with the law. If you want to exercise this right, please send a request to email@example.com. Zleep Hotels will answer your request within a month after receiving it; should the request be complicated, the deadline will be extended by two additional months. For security reasons, Zleep Hotels must verify your identity (e.g. by sending a copy of your driver’s license or passport) before your request can be processed. Requests are rejected if they demand disproportionate technical action or affect the protection of other people’s personal data.
9. If you apply for a job at Zleep Hotels
When you apply for a position at Zleep Hotels, the information that has been submitted in relation to your application will be processed. The information typically includes name, birthday, address, phone number, e-mail address, educational background as well as existing and previous employment. Zleep Hotels may also ask you to send a copy of criminal record and may collect references from previous employers. Furthermore, candidates for specific positions are asked to complete a personality test, which is processed by Zleep Hotels’ HR department and other relevant department managers. All of these information will be used for communication throughout the recruitment process and for assessing whether or not to offer the job to the candidate.
Personal data that is informed in the context of the recruitment process is stored in Zleep Hotels’ HRM system, Emply. All relevant managers, the HR department, and IT administrators have access to the data with a personal login. If you are hired by Zleep Hotels, your information will be stored in compliance with the personal data policy for employees.
Applications from candidates that are not hired will be stored for six months after the application was received. Zleep Hotels obtains consent to store the candidate’s data in the recruitment system; after the first six months, consent will be obtained again if the candidate wishes for his/her data to remain within the system.
10. Storage security
Your personal data is protected at Zleep Hotels. Internally, the organization has adopted procedures and rules about information security that protects your data from unauthorized publication and access from unauthorized persons. Zleep Hotels has established procedures on assigning access rights, which ensure that the employees who process sensitive data are controlled through logging and monitoring. Your personal data is thus shared and forwarded internally at Zleep Hotels with utmost care. The purpose of sharing the data internally is to be able to provide the optimal service.
In the event of security breaches that may affect high-risk discrimination, such as ID theft, financial loss, or other significant inconveniences, Zleep Hotels will notify you as soon as possible. Zleep Hotels’ security procedures are regularly revised when new technologies are developed and implemented.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer when surfing the web. Cookies are used to, among other things, register your behavior on specific websites and remember your profile the next time you visit the same website. The information that cookies register is often used for statistics or to improve your experience on a website. A cookie cannot contain a virus; it is thus not dangerous for your computer.
You can delete the cookies that have been stored on your computer when you want to. Below, you can find information that guides you through deleting cookies in different browsers.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Flash cookies – all browsers
- iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Smartphones with Android
- Smartphones with Windows 7
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about Zleep Hotels’ collection and processing of personal data, please contact us on:
Dalbergstrøget 5, 1st floor
2630 Taastrup, Denmark
Should we not be able to clarify the matter, you can then register a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency. Their current contact information can be found on www.datatilsynet.dk.